GFOABC membership puts you in a league with a group of finance professionals throughout North America who are dedicated to:
- Promoting the use of efficient financial management systems in a local government setting.
- Developing individual knowledge and skills.
- Promoting the development of accounting, budgeting and financial reporting procedures in cooperation with the GFOA of the United States and Canada, the Public Sector Accounting Board, and similar organizations.
- Providing a forum for discussing and analyzing financial problems relevant to British Columbia and other issues of concern to public finance professionals.
New Membership Information Package (pdf)
Membership Renewal Information Package (pdf)
Membership Fees and Voting Member Allotment
Member FAQs (pdf)
What are the benefits of being a GFOABC member?
- Member discounts on training, the annual conference, job postings and advertisements
- Access to the secure online FORUM
- Members only website access to MemberLINK
- Monthly updates & quarterly newsletters
- Earn continuing professional development hours by participating in GFOABC activities, such as committees, working groups, facilitating a workshop and much more
- Complimentary registration to all GFOABC webinar forums - NEW!
- Access to our Temporary Support Program for short-term staffing solutions - NEW!
What are the types of membership available?
Municipal, Regional District and Improvement or other District
GFOABC members are employed in a financial capacity in municipal, regional district or related government organizations. From accounting clerks to Chief Financial Officers, their roles include a combination of administration and financial management.
Organizational memberships are purchased by a local government and the fee is based on the size of the municipality’s population or the amount of the annual budget for regional district and improvement or other district. These memberships allow for an unlimited number of members to participate from your finance team. These members are divided into two categories: voting and non-voting members. Each organization can designate up to a certain number of voting members while having an unlimited number of non-voting members.
GFOABC also has an affiliate classification that is comprised from sectors closely involved with local government finance, including auditors, bankers, lawyers, consultants, software suppliers and related sectors.
Affiliate memberships can be purchased on an individual basis.
What is a voting member?
A voting member is an employee of a member local government entitled to vote on member related issues such as the annual election for the Board of Directors, approval of financial statements, bylaws, etc.
What is a non-voting member?
A non-voting member is an employee of a member local government who is entitled to all membership privileges except for electing the Board of Directors and voting at the Annual Meeting. Membership privileges include access to the members’ only portion of the website, including the forum and resource section, member pricing for events, complimentary webinars and regular updates.
How do I find out if I am a voting member?
Consult the primary contact in your organization or contact us at email@example.com.
Who is a primary contact and what is their role?
The primary contact is often the most senior finance officer at a member local government.
It is the primary contact’s duty to renew the membership, designate voting members and to keep GFOABC up to date regarding current voting and non-voting members.
Is my membership up to date?
This can be verified by logging into your MyAccount or contacting the office.
The primary contact no longer works here?
If the primary contact has changed, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.392.6871.
What is MyAccount?
MyAccount is a personal online profile that must be created by both members and non-members to register for events. A member must log in to their MyAccount to access member privileges such as the Forum and MemberLINK.
Please contact GFOABC with all of your membership inquiries at email@example.com or 250.392.6871.