For information on registration and courses offered please return to the Training & Events page.
Learn the most efficient and effective ways to prepare working papers. To train municipal staff in preparing effective working papers for the annual audit in a way that minimizes their time and effort, while providing the auditors with exactly what is needed to perform their audit effectively.
Participants can expect to:
Gain an understanding of what is required of them by their auditors
- Learn best practices in preparing audit working papers
- Save time in preparing for the audit
- Make use of advice from auditors
- Avoid extra audit fees caused by incomplete preparation
Who Should Attend:
Local government staff who are responsible for, or participate in the preparation of audit working papers.
Benefits of Attending:
In a one-day session, utilizing a mix of presentation and group discussion, participants will gain an understanding of the following topics:
- Purpose and benefits of an audit
- Components of an audit
- Working papers for assets and liabilities
- Working papers for revenues and expenditures
- Time savers
- Managing cut-off
- Retention policy
It is strongly encouraged that participants bring their laptops as all of the materials and exercises will be in electronic format.
November 2017, Vancouver
December 2014, Vancouver
November 2013, Vancouver
November 2012, Vancouver
November 2011, Vancouver