For information on registration and courses offered please return to the Training & Events page.
An overview of the Lean Process will be provided through discussion and group exercises and participants will gain an understanding of the following concepts;
• Customer value
• Waste and non-value adding activity
• Continuous improvement
• Value-stream mapping
• Team-based improvement practices
• Getting started with Lean
Who Should Attend:
This full day program will be of interest to Finance leaders and others who work in local government and are looking to gain an understanding of how to improve their organization's productivity.
Benefits of Attending:
Participants will benefit from:
- an overview of Lean, with specific emphasis on the key elements of waste (identification and elimination); flow (why it’s important to pursue flow and its connection to capacity, throughput, and productivity); customer value (the foundation of Lean process design); continuous improvement (Lean is a way of doing business, not a one-off project); and value-stream mapping and team-based process improvement work.
- the opportunity to apply Lean to a process through a Process Improvement Simulation activity.
- receiving direction/guidance for how to get started with a Lean program (it doesn’t have to be a huge, complex, or expensive undertaking!) and understanding how to get people excited about using Lean back in their work environments!
May 2015, Penticton
December 2014, Vancouver