In May, 2016 the GFOABC Board annouced that the Professional Development Incentive points (PD Points) would be phased out in 2018. Full Article.
The phase-out plan contains the following key components:
- Points were earned throughout 2017 as usual
- 1 point per paid full day program; .5 point per paid half day; 2 points for paid conference registration
- Webinars and Boot Camp enrollment do not qualify for points
- Each point has a value of $40
- Awarding of points will be discontinued for programs/conferences after January 1, 2018
- Points may be used for any program presented prior to the 2018 annual conference being held in Kelowna as long as the value of the points covers the full cost of the program
- Any points remaining for a local government may be used in full or partial payment of conference fees for the 2018 annual conference
- Points remaining after the 2018 conference will no longer have a cash value and the liability account will be written down on GFOABC’s books
Want to know your local government’s points balance? Find out in MemberLINK.